1 lb. Fresh scallops, seasoned with a pinch of salt
4-5 large Tiger shrimp, shelled with tail on
4 Fresh red chillies, roughly sliced
3 – 5 Small hot chillies/ Thai chillies
1 tbs. Fresh garlic, minced
¼ cup Peanut oil
3 tbs. Fish sauce
3 tbs. Tamarind juice, (extracted from fresh tamarind pulp combined with water)
3 tbs. Palm sugar
½ sliced Fresh lime for garnish
Handful of cilantro
- In a blender or (mortar and pestle) grind chilli and garlic together.
- In a shallow pan, heat peanut oil, pan fry scallops and tiger shrimp until brown on both sides and cooked. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan heat 2 tbls of oil . Add the pounded chili-garlic and fry in hot oil until aromatic. Allow the chili paste to cook until oil appears on the top. Now add the seasoning sauce for sweet, sour and salty taste.
- Now add in the seafood and allow to cook over high heat for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Garnish with slices of fresh lime and cilantro. Serve hot with jasmine rice.