Lemon Pepper Wings
3 pounds chicken wings
Juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1¾ cup plain yogurt, whisked until smooth
2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste *
1 teaspoon garam masala
3 tablespoons lemon pepper masala *
Lime wedges for garnish
1. Discard the wing tips. Cut the wings into half at the joint. Make 2 deep cuts in the
middle, on the skin side of the chicken wing, deep enough to touch the bone.
2. Rub each chicken piece thoroughly with lemon juice, salt and paprika, set aside for 30
minutes to marinate in the refrigerator.
3. In a bowl, combine yogurt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala and lemon pepper masala. Whisk
until you have a smooth marinade. Pour marinade over the chicken and mix thoroughly,
making sure the marinade goes into the cut of the chicken pieces. Cover the bowl and
marinate the wings for 6 hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F. Remove the wings from the marinade and arrange them on rack on top
of a baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes, baste with remaining marinade. Now place the rack
under the broiler, broil on both sides, turning once when they are half way done, (about 3
minutes). The wings should be brown and crisp on the outside and tender inside when done.
Serve with lime wedges and pineapple pickle.
* See ginger garlic paste recipe
* See lemon pepper masala recipe